Gym Juniors Ltd is committed to ensuring that those working with children and vulnerable adults adopt best practice to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the participants and staff.
The business will promote the highest standards of care for all members, staff and officials by:
- The adoption of the Gym Juniors Health, Safety and Welfare guidelines.
- The adoption of the Gym Juniors guidelines for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
- The appointment of a Child Protection Officer to whom grievances or complaints can be made confidentially.
- Ensuring that the staff will be suitably trained in Child Protection and Health, Safety and Welfare issues.
- Ensuring that coaches and officials have been screened to confirm their suitability to work with children. Where appropriate this will include Criminal Record Bureau disclosure.
- Ensuring that best coaching practices are in place at all times.
- Ensuring that a minimum of two responsible adults are present at all training sessions or events and will remain until the last child has been collected from the gym.
- Having a zero tolerance level or poor practice, bullying or any potential form of abuse.