Code of Conduct for Gymnasts and Members
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all our members.
Coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open always and share any concerns or complaints that they may have, about any aspect of the gym with the Gym Manager.
As a member of Gym Juniors you will be expected to abide by the following rules:
- All members must participate within the rules and respect coaches, judges and their decisions.
- All members must respect each other and fellow gym members
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable attire for training and events as agreed with the coach. Keep long hair tied up. Remove all body jewellery.
- Members should not eat or chew gum during a session/class.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Members must not smoke, consume alcohol or take drugs of any kind whilst representing the club at competitions or events.
- Members should treat all equipment with respect and care._
- Members must inform the coach of any injuries or illness they may have before the warm-up begins.
- Members must not use bad language or swearing
- Members should remain with coaches at the end of a session until collected by their parent or guardian.
Code of Conduct for Parents
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and participate within them.
- Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and applauding good performances of all.
- Always ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and has plenty to drink.
- Keep the gym informed if your child is ill or unable to attend any sessions.
- Endeavour to establish good communications with the gym, coaches and officials for the benefit of all.
- Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club through the approved channels.
- Never punish or belittle a child for performance or making mistakes.
- No threatening behaviour towards coaches.
- Help your child recognize good performance and effort.
- Make sure your child arrives on time.
- Always collect your child promptly at the end of the session.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them enjoy their sport.