Gym Juniors is committed to exemplary standards of conduct through the principals of equity, good moral and ethical frameworks. The business will encourage individuals from all communities to become involved at all levels of participation, coaching, officiating and management.
The business will ensure that all members of staff adhere to the following equality principals
- All persons must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every human being.
- All individuals must be treated fairly and equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, religion, political persuasion or disability.
- Equality must permeate throughout strategic and development plans.
- An equal and professional service will be provided for all participants and discrimination through race, gender or disability will not be tolerated.
- Sexual and racial harassment and discrimination will not be tolerated.
GYM JUNIORS HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Gym Juniors has a duty under the health and safety acts and regulations to ensure the safety, health and well being of gymnasts, coaches, officials and helpers when they are involved in business activities. In particular responsibilities to:
- Provide a safe and healthy training and competition environment for gymnasts and coaches through assessing the risks associated with participation and controlling them to ensure they are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure that adequate arrangements are in place in the event of an accident, fire or other incident.
- Ensure that coaches and helpers have the appropriate gymnastics coach training.
- Keep our arrangements under review and introduce additional measures considered necessary and practical in relation to the operation of the club business.
GYM JUNIORS CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Gym Juniors is committed to ensuring that those working with children and adults adopt the best practice to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the participants and staff.
The business will promote the highest standards of care for all members, staff and officials by:
- The adoption of Gym Juniors Health, Safety and Welfare Guidelines.
- The adoption of Gym Juniors Guidelines for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
- The appointment of a Child Protection or Safeguarding Officer
- Ensuring staff will be trained in child protection and heath, safety and welfare issues.
- Ensuring that coaches and officials have been screened to confirm their suitability to work with children. Where appropriate this will include Criminal Record Bureau disclosure.
- Ensuring that the best coaching practice guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensuring that grievances or complaints are dealt with promptly and in accordance with grievance procedures.
- Ensuring a minimum of two responsible adults are present at all training sessions and events.
- Having a low tolerance level to poor practice, bulling or any potential form of abuse.